Use the sidebar to find out about the services that the libraries offer. Our knowledgeable and friendly staff members are always available for help.
Guidelines for Library Users:
McPherson Library users are expected to show respectful behavior towards the library and its users, staff, and resources at all times. To maintain a productive and welcoming work and study environment for the university community, library users agree that:
- They will not damage library materials, including writing in, tearing or removing book pages or otherwise causing deliberate harm to library property.
- They will respect others, and not engage in harassing, violent, threatening or unlawful behavior (intimidating, disruptive, or offensive).
- They will observe the noise limitations for silent study and quiet study locations. These locations are designated with signage, and are also represented on library maps.
- They will observe the libraries' Cell Phone Guidelines and limit cell phone use to designated cell phone areas.
- They will limit photography and any audio or visual recording to those who have given their consent to participate. Permission for official UVic photo shoots may be requested through UVic Marketing (firstname.lastname@example.org; 250-721-8843).
- They will exit promptly at closing time and during emergency situations or drills.
- They will refrain from eating within the main library building as per the libraries' Food and Drink Policy. The BiblioCafé is available as an alternative study location that permits food.
- They will use the computers and internet responsibly, in accordance with the Libraries' Computer Use Policy.
In return, the UVic Libraries will provide their users with an inviting and supportive academic environment, inclusive service, and respect.
Library patrons who violate this agreement may be escorted out of the building by Campus Security.