Welcome to the University of Victoria Libraries!
Our libraries—the McPherson Library in the William C. Mearns Centre for Learning, the Diana M. Priestly Law Library in the Fraser Building, and the Curriculum Library in the MacLaurin Building —contain a wealth of information.
- 1.9 million volumes
- 2.3 million items in microforms
- 200,000 cartographic items
- 47,000 serial subscriptions
- 69,000 sound recordings
- 37,000 music scores, 10,000 films and videos
- 1,350 linear meters of manuscripts and archival materials
- an extensive collection of electronic resources
The Libraries are wonderful spaces to pursue scholarly research, study, and to consult with our friendly and knowledgeable staff.
The generosity of individual donors built the original library and funded the development of the William C. Mearns Centre for Learning. A very significant portion of our main collection, as well as our rare books and archival materials, come to us from community members, alumni and faculty through gifts that support acquisitions or as gifts-in-kind. There are many ways to support the library. Thank you for consideration.