Study Room Booking for Groups
The study rooms in McPherson Library are available for use by registered UVic undergraduate and graduate students for group study or projects relating to a UVic course. Rooms may be booked online via the UVic Libraries website by any student with a valid Netlink ID.
- Study rooms are available on a first-come, first-served basis to groups of two or more.
- Study rooms may be booked up to one week in advance; no student or group may make more than one booking per day.
- Bookings may be made for a maximum of two hours. If there are no further bookings, the group may continue to use the room beyond the two hour time limit.
- A group who does not occupy the room within 15 minutes of the start time of the booking is considered to have forfeited their booking. The Library may delete the booking so that another group may book the room.
- All rooms must be vacated 15 minutes prior to Library closing.
- Students must observe library regulations, and leave the room in good order. The student booking the room is responsible to UVic Libraries for the cost of repairing any damage to the room that occurs during the period of use, and for the replacement cost of any equipment that is lost or stolen.
- UVic Libraries is not responsible for loss or damage of items left unattended in the room.
- The Library's Food and Drink Policy applies in all group study rooms.
This page is maintained by:
Page updated: June 18, 2008