Requesting Videos and DVD's for the Library Collection
UVic Libraries Cost Share
The UVic Libraries provide a cost share arrangement with Departments and may share up to 50% of the cost of a video or DVD purchase provided funds are sufficient to meet the demand.
Conditions of the cost share arrangement:
- The UVic Libraries normally contributes up to 50% of the cost of the item, however, this contribution amount may be reduced for budgetary reasons.
- On receipt of the item, UVic Libraries will charge back to the Department its share of the purchase costs, including shipping and related charges.
- Items will be catalogued for the collection and will be housed in the Libraries Video and DVD collection located in Media & Media
- Items will be available to all University borrowers at no charge for use in classroom teaching
- Item will be available to external reciprocal borrowers, when not in use by UVic faculty, staff, or students.
To Request a video or DVD please fill out the attached cost_share_form and send or fax to:
Bill Blair Media Librarian
McPherson Library, University of Victoria
PO. Box 1800 STN CSC
Victoria, British Columbia, V8W 3H5
To ensure quick processing of the request, be sure to fill out the form completely including cost of item, the a signature and account number for your department.
If you are unsure of the cost of an item or do not know where the video may be available for purchase please send the request form without this information. We will search for the video and send the cost share form back to your department for approval.
If you have further questions please contact Bill Blair, the Media Librarian
Page updated: February 27, 2008