About the UVic Map Collection
The Map Library holds about 68,000 paper maps, on many themes/topics: topography, relief (including 3-D models), geology, biology, hydrography, cultural, social, economic, planning, transportation, streets, military, nautical charts and history.
Geographical regions covered:
- Stars, Solar System, Moon, World, North America - 3% of collection
- British Columbia, Greater Victoria and Vancouver Island - 21%
- Canada (other) - 29%
- U.S.A. (especially Pacific states) - 17%
- Central & South America - 7%
- Europe, Asia (especially Great Britain and Japan) - 15%
- Africa, Australia, N.Z., Oceans - 12%
Atlases In addition to maps, the Map Library has a collection of Atlases. These atlases include general world, historic, environmental, and specialty atlases.
Back to Map Library Homepage
For more information, contact:
Page updated: January 09, 2007