Celebrating UVic Authors
|About the Celebrate UVic Author Program
In 1993, UVic Libraries and the campus Bookstore published the first catalogue of in-print publications by UVic authors. The partners celebrated the institution's authors in 2000 with the Millennium Festival. We decided to resurrect the program with an annual event.
- The Library will purchase all campus authored books and add them to the University of Victoria's collection.
- Honoured books will contain an 'electronic' book plate linked in the Library online catalogue.
- A display highlighting all of these books will be placed in the Library foyer from October to December.
- In the fall 2009, and in subsequent years, the Libraries and the Bookstore, will host a reception for all authors, editors and translators, and their friends and familiies. The event will be open to all members of the University and the local community.
- The Library and Bookstore will create a database of all new University of Victoria books and their authors, starting with the books published in 2007 and 2008. This continuously evolving database will be a rich and dynamic source of information about the university, its faculty, staff and students.
Organizing Committee (Library & Bookstore)
|Inba Kehoe (co-chair)
||Jim Forbes (co-chair)
Page updated: Nov. 4, 2011