Graduate Online Tutorials
For an overview of the research process, select the appropriate category below:
4. Finding Articles
Online Quick Guides:
- Finding Books
- Is This Article in Full Text?
- E-Journals (Electronic Journals)
- Google Search Tips
- Assessing the Academic Appropriateness of Materials
- Evaluating the Quality of Internet Materials
- Citing Sources in Academic Papers
Instruction Class Handouts:
- Nursing Grad Students slides and handout
- HINF Handout and HINF slides
- ADMN MACD Handout
- Refworks Handout
We encourage you to learn how to search UVic's online catalogue and databases to identify the books and articles you require. If you encounter difficulties finding materials, you can contact us for assistance formulating your search or to have resources sent to you.
Accessing Databases from Home
Access to most of the UVic Libraries databases and full text materials requires a Netlink ID and password. If you are a registered student and do not have a Netlink ID, obtain one at https://netlink.uvic.ca/ . Contact INFOLINE if you have any problems with this process.