- Click on the print icon for your software or choose Print from the file menu and your document will be sent to the print stations with your Netlink ID as the name for the print job.
- You can select whether to print to the black and white or the colour printer (black and white is the default).
- All printers have the duplex option (double-sided) as the default setting. You may change the duplex setting to single-sided as required.
- The charge for printing is 12 cents per side for black and white prints, and 40 cents per side for colour prints.
Prints are paid for through your PaperCut account, which is a Netlink-ID based printing system. At the print release station, logon to your PaperCut account with your Netlink ID and password and release the your print job.
Note that if you send a black and white print job to the colour printer, it will still cost 40 cents per side.
Please Note! - Print jobs will be available for printing at the print station for 2 hours only. After two hours, they are automatically deleted from the print queue and cannot be retrieved.
How to Print Single-Sided:
- Select File, then Print
- Once the Print Dialgoue box appears, click on the Properties box
- On the Paper/Output Tab, under the 2-sided printing section, select 1-sided print
- Click OK to apply the 1-sided setting
- Click OK in print dialgoue box to send print job to printer.
Funds can be added to your PaperCut account at any of the Libraries' Loan Desks and at any Student Computing Facility locations, or online using Visa or MasterCard at: http://www.uvic.ca/pao
Funds may now be added to your printing account online!
Go to http://www.uvic.ca/pao to add money with a credit card.
Please note the following:
- MasterCard and Visa are the only credit cards accepted
- You may add any amount from $10 to $100
- Always be careful with your credit card number
PaperCut Funds Transfers
The funds transfer feature in PaperCut has been activated for your use. This allows you to transfer PaperCut funds from your account to another person's PaperCut account. To access this feature, login to https://papercut.uvic.ca:9192/user with your Netlink ID and password and click on Transfers:
When doing transfers, please double-check to ensure:
a) you are correctly transferring the intended amount
b) you are transferring to the correct Netlink ID. If you do make a mistake*, please let staff in one of the Computing Facilities or the McPherson Library know immediately.
*Student Computing Facilities and UVic Libraries are not responsible for errors in user transfers. Mistakes cannot be corrected if the funds have been used before the mistake is reported.
- No refunds will be given for unspent balance on any PaperCut account
- Refunds for print jobs will only be granted for the following reasons and are at the discretion of library staff:
- Fading or streaked printer toner
- Paper jams where printer does not automatically reprint the job
- Printer has to be powered down to fix an error and print job does not print upon powering back up
- Formatting issues where staff have assisted
- Upon graduation there will be a one year grace period for using up any PaperCut account balance
- Twelve (12) months after graduation or eighteen (18) months of inactivity in lieu of graduation the PaperCut account will be deleted
Note: You are encouraged to spend your balance or transfer your balance to another person (see staff for assistance) prior to graduating or leaving the university for more than 18 months.
Note: Any existing vend card balances can be transferred over to a Netlink-ID printing account at the McPherson Library Main Loan Desk (blue and white cards) or any of the Student Computing Facility reception counters (green and white cards).
To print from your personal laptop you will need to do 4 things:
1. Set-up wireless connection (Click here for instructions)
2. Install the Cisco Anyconnect Virtual Private Network (VPN) software installed from https://vpn.uvic.ca
3. Install the PaperCut Software (available from the Library Technical Help Desk via LCA USB key)
4. Add the Library printers to your laptop (e.g. \\giraffe.uvic.ca\LIBRBW)
All files, instructions and help for setting up wireless printing for most Windows and MAC operating systems are available at the Library Technical Help Desk, via LCA USB key.
Once you have all the tools installed, you will need to establish a VPN connection every time you want to print wirelessly. Your document will be printed once you release your print job from one of the Print Release Stations.
- Only users with a valid NetLink ID who are current students, faculty or staff members can have wireless printing configured to their personal laptops.
- Wireless printing only works for McPherson Library Learning Commons printers and not for any other printers on campus.
- Wireless printing can be configured to laptops running Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 and Macs running OS X 10.5 and later versions.
- Currently, wireless printing cannot be configured to smart phones, tablets, Macs running OS X 10.4 and earlier or laptops running any other operating system not listed above. (e.g. Linux)
See copying and printing for more information.
This page is maintained by: