Computers in the Library
Find an available computer NOW
160+ public computers are now available through the Mearns Centre for Learning; 46 laptops are available for loan from the main Loan Desk and Music & Media Services. All library workstations are governed by our Computer Use Policy.
Learning Commons Assistants are available for help with printing, downloading, saving files, etc. Find them at the Library Help Desk.
Tips When Using the Learning Commons
- Save your work regularly.
- Log off when you are finished at a workstation.
- When finished with an application, exit the application appropriately.
- The libraries are not responsible for lost work or misprints.
- How to print, PaperCut printing software, wireless printing from personal laptops.
- Document Management
- Saving, downloading and emailing documents.
- Connect to Netdrive
- UVic Netdrive is an online storage space for students, staff and faculty. Here's how to connect from your own computer.
- Software List for LC Workstations
- The list of installed software on the workstations in the Learning Commons.
- Software List for Main Loan Desk laptops
- The list of installed software on the Main Loan Desk laptops.
- Software List for Music & Media laptops
- The list of installed software on the Music and Media laptops.
- Software Tutorials
- Tutorials on Excel, Word, PowerPoint and more. Library staff do not train users in the use of these products.
- Adaptive Technology Rooms
- Information regarding equipment and software available for students with print-based and learning disabilities.
- Individuals who require adaptive technologies are given priority for this equipment and software. Please note that you may be asked to move to another workstation.
For more information, contact: