Recalling library materials
Recall an item online
- Search for your item in the Catalogue. If the item is "Checked Out" or "Renewed", it can be recalled.
- Click on Recall in the Actions bar on the right and login.
Retirees, Alumni, and Associate Alumni, please note that you will need a 12-digit number from your card. Contact the Main Loan Desk (250-721-8230, firstname.lastname@example.org) to obtain your number.
- Select "Any Copy" or a specific item copy.
- Confirm a pick-up location, using the following guidelines:
At Main Library
Music & Media Services
Books and music scores from the main stacks
Sound recordings and media items
Curriculum Library items
Law Library items
- The "Not Needed After" date defaults to a month from today's date.
- Click Submit.
- When your item is returned and available for pick-up, you will receive an email notification.
Help! My recall didn't work!
- The item may be available. You cannot place a recall on an item that is in the library and not checked out.
- The item may be checked out to you. Login to My Library Account to see your checked out items.
- The item may not be able to be recalled. Some items, including Reserve items, films and videos, cannot be recalled.
- There are outstanding fines on your account. Login to My Library Account to see your fines. You can pay your fines at a service desk.
- You have placed more than 30 recalls. You can only place 30 recalls at one time.
- I'm still not sure why I can't recall the item. If none of these reasons apply, please contact us for help.
- All borrowers are guaranteed a 7 day loan period on regular items before the item may be recalled
- When an item is recalled from you, you receive the new due date via email notification.
- Recalls may be issued whenever the library is open, whether or not the university is in session. This includes, but is not limited to, reading break and Christmas break. We strongly advise to return items that may be recalled prior to leaving campus for holidays, conferences or any other reason
- Overdue recall fines accrue at $2.00 per day
- If an overdue recall fine reaches $20.00, the item will be considered lost. Replacement and processing charges will be added to your account.
This page is maintained by:
Page updated: April 19, 2005