Senate Committee on Libraries
Terms of Reference
1. Advises the University Librarian on matters relating to the operation of the Libraries and acts as the liaison between the Libraries and academic units and programs. The areas of advice include but are not limited to the following:
* communication between the Libraries and academic units
2. Advises the Vice-President Academic and Provost annually on issues facing the Libraries.
3. Recommends changes to Senate in rules and regulations for the operation of the Libraries.
4. Reports to Senate annually concerning its activities and the operation of the Libraries.
The Senate Committee on the Libraries normally meets monthly between October and June. Special meetings may be called by the Chair.
* Twelve members - a representative from the departmental/school library committees, including the Island Medical Program, as determined by each faculty or division according to its procedures